Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What do I do all day?

Most days I feel like I don't have time to breathe. Yet at the end of the day, when everyone is in bed and the thought of climbing the stairs just one more time is totally overwhelming, I try to figure out exactly what it was I got accomplished during the day. I still haven't figured it out. The house is a mess. There is dust on the TV and the shelves. A couple of days a week I manage to make dinner for everyone else but it isn't every day. More days than I care to admit to it is fend for yourself. Of course, there are usually left overs in the fridge. I don't know where the time goes. I feed the babies breakfast and before I know it, it is time for lunch and then dinner. How can it come so quickly? I know that time flies but I don't think it is ever as apparent as it is during the first year of a babies life. It seems like just yesterday that my oldest was just a tiny little guy. Now he is almost a man(age wise anyway). My tiny little babies are big huge babies now. It is almost hard to remember just how small they were and it was less than a year ago. How does that happen? Really, where does the time go? Even when you are living life it still seems to pass you by. Amazing. I am having a hard time planning the all important 1st birthday for the trio. I am also having a hard time planning the all important sweet 16 for my 1st baby girl. Time is getting short but I can't seem to do it. I can't believe how much has changed in one short year. A year ago I spent almost all my time in bed under doctors orders. We were anxiously awaiting the ultrasound that would hopefully confirm what I suspected, that we were having 2 boys and a girl. I couldn't wrap my mind around what it would be like to have 3 babies a year ago and now I just get annoyed when someone says "I don't know how you do it. I can't handle one". Really? Is one that bad? I don't remember. I know this isn't easy but really, most days, it seems easy. Maybe because we just do what we have to do. Maybe that is where all the time goes, while we are busy doing what we have to do.
I wouldn't want it any other way. I am thrilled to see what kind of woman my 1st baby girl is becoming. She can get on my nerves the way that only a teenage girl can but I love watching her with other people, with the babies and just as she tries to figure out who and what she is. I already know that she is a special young lady that has the potential to do great things. I can't wait to see what kind of people the trio become. It amazes me how kids can grow up in the same house, with the same rules and the same parenting style but turn out so different.

1 comments:

Denise said...

What a fun and happy blog! Looks like you had a great time on vacation! Check back on Christians blog by Monday (hopefully) and I will have posted Friday's results with the ped. cardiologist... Denise

background