Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bragging

While this blog site has been dedicated to the trio, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to brag on one of my other kids.
My 15 year old daughter got a letter in the mail. She is having a poem published. This is the second time she has had one of her poems published.
She is a frustrating child. She is very smart and talented but she makes crappy grades in school. Now, the child who is going to be published for the second time, didn't pass English 1 last year. How does that happen? I know all too well how it happens. She choses to be lazy when it comes to school. She is her mothers daughter after all. Yes mom, I know, now I can feel your pain, thank you.
School starts tomorrow. I am losing my day time companion and shopping buddy. I am hoping for a much better school year though. If not, she gets to go to summer school while we vacation in Colorado with her Aunt Sondra and Uncle Balt. That would be a huge bummer, for her(and us really).
I have gotten used to having her help around here with the babies and now I am back to doing it all on my own. She is a good girl with beautiful heart.
Maybe one of these days she will let me post her poems on here so everyone can read them. They are pretty good. Of course, I may be a bit biased.

2 comments:

MB said...

Way to go, and good for you for bragging on the older ones every once in a while! Hope she let's you post her poem someday... I'd love to read it.
-MaryBeth

Denise said...

Excellent job on the publication! Brag away!

The "Other" Denise Wheeler

background