Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A New Day

Everyday it is something new. These kids are amazing. I can't believe it has been almost a year ago since they were born. Here is part of a blog that I posted on my myspace page about a year ago.

We had another ultrasound today. Lucy is weighing in at 1lb. 4oz. Josh is weighing in at 1lb. 6oz. and Markas is weighing in at 1lb. 5oz. Everyone looks good and is measuring appropriately. The doctor told me I should be ready to have babies in the next 8-10 weeks. He told me that I better be on high alert for labor and that if I feel any contractions that are rhythmic and last more than an hour then I better get my butt into the hospital. As if Steve wasn't frantic enough

Today Markas decided to start cruising. Sort of. He was trying like crazy. While in the "pen" he pulled himself up. He was going from the Leap Frog table to the side of the pen and taking a couple of side steps. He has also learned how to gracefully fall when he wants down. He pulls himself up on my chair when I am sitting in it. He pulls himself up on the couch. He has so much fun pulling himself up that it has wreaked havoc on nap time. Lucy and Josh went down for their morning nap at 10. I finally got him down at 1130. He still won't go down for his afternoon nap. Lucy and Joshua will be up from their afternoon nap before long. At least it creates some mommy and Markas time.

Here are some more pictures, mostly of Markas and a couple of Joshua.
Ok, first there is a story that goes with the first few pictures. We went to daddy's softball game last night. After the game we stopped at Sonic for drinks. Daddy had a Limeade. Markas refused to go to bed. To keep him from disturbing the other two we let him stay up. He was sitting in daddy's lap. Daddy had been giving him ice from his cup. Sonic has the really great small pellet ice. Daddy put the lid back on and Markas grabbed the cup from him and started drinking it. Daddy decided if he was going to do that, then he should remove the lime that was in the cup. When he took the lime out of the cup, Markas decided to help himself to it. He ate the lime and never made a sour face but I give him watermelon and he acts like it is the most sour thing in the world. Go figure. Anyway, I don't know if he should have things like limes and we certainly won't be feeding them to him on a regular basis or anything but he really seemed to like it.

Markas with the lime in his mouth.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Markas eating ice
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Markas helping himself to daddy's drink
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My little Ladybug playing
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cutie Patootie Joshua
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You can't really tell but Markas was blowing me kisses
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

The Dairy Wife said...

Denise,

Did you know that you can buy bags of ice at sonic and take them home? I do all the time. It's the same price as at the store. I love Sonic Ice.

I stop there everyday between 2 and 5 for a 1/2 price route 44 Lemon-Berry Slush! Then share what is left over with the kiddo's when I pick them up! There's nothing like Sonic!

I thought Sonic was just around here in Indiana. Do you live close? (guess this comment is about Sonic ... lol)

Tanya

Anonymous said...

he needs a hair cut

JUST A MOM said...

Your babies are beautiful,,,,

background