Monday, October 15, 2007

Joshua's Appt.

Joshua saw the neurologist today. He said Joshua is definetly high tone in his legs and hips. He said he will benefit from PT and to get it started ASAP. He also said he is not ready to label him just yet by giving him a diagnosis of cerebral palsy. He said he wouldn't actually make that kind of diagnosis until he is around 2 years old. He said he wants to do a MRI on him but he will wait until Joshua is 18 months to 2 years old before he does it. He said the risks associated with sedation aren't as great at that age. The neurologist said he will see Joshua about every 6 months for the next couple of years at least. The doc said he is encouraged by the fact that even though he likes to keep his legs straight and his feet pointed he will occassionally relax. He said his high tone is mild compared to what it could be. I guess this is all good stuff. Hopefully, the PT will help him and he will be able to catch up to Lucy and Markas in no time.
He has an appt. with the orthopedic doctor on Thursday. I suspect he will basically say the same thing but I will be sure to post whatever it is he says.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Denise,
I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you and Joshua. Hopefully the PT will catch him up right away!!
Hugs...

The Dairy Wife said...

Denise,

I'm commenting on all the post together since they all kind of go hand in hand.

I am praying for Joshua that he catches up quickly. Be very pro-active and insist on the maximum visits from PT. Are you going through Early intervention or through a rehab place?

Not trying to tell you what to do, but my experience is that they give the minimum visits.

Take Care and I'll talk to you soon.

Tanya

background