Monday, November 12, 2007

What I was doing 1 year ago.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was miserable. I was depressed. I was hiding my face because I had been crying. I had just been moved back to my room in the ante-partum unit after spending 3 days in L&D because of my second go round with pre-term labor. I was so swollen I couldn't make a fist. I missed my husband and my kids so much. I missed my bed. That hospital bed was so uncomfortable. In all honesty, at that point, my bed probably wouldn't have been comfortable either. I so wanted to hold out for another 4 weeks but I so wanted to have those babies. My hubby was a life saver. His visits, although brief, made everything a little more bearable until the next visit.
I can't believe that in 4 short days the trio will be 1. The last year has gone by so fast. The first few months are truly a blur. We toured the NICU for the first time the night that picture was taken. Exactly one year ago today. For my own peace of mind my hubby convinced the doctor to allow me 30 minutes in a wheelchair everyday so he could take me out of my room. That meant the world to me. The high light of the next 4 days was him coming to the hospital to take me in the wheelchair to eat a meal and sit outside for a few minutes before I was returned to my cell.
My hubby is wonderful and I could have never survived the last couple of months of my pregnancy or the last year without him.

0 comments:

background