Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Happenings

We seem to be on the verge of a language explosion around here. I have spent months trying to get them say something besides mama and dada. They all occassionally say dawwwwg. Sunday, I came down stairs and stopped in front of the gate like I usually do. They gathered in front of the gate like they do when someone reappears after being absent for 5 min. I said "hi" and waved to them. Joshua picked up his little hand, waved to himself and told me "hiya". It was too cute. I thought maybe a fluke but he keeps doing it. Lucy then on Sunday evening started waving to herself and saying bhye. Markas seems to just be taking it in. Joshua has also started saying dawwwg whenever the dawwg gets near him or he sees him. Lucy will follow suit if she hears it.
They all have tempers! I can't imagine where they get that from. Currently, Markas is the worst at throwing a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way. I just have to laugh at him. He will throw himself down into a sitting position, then throw himself backwards. After he hit his on toys a few times and realized it hurt, he now throws himself backwards but stops short of hitting his head and will then lower his head getntly to the floor.

Joshua's temper tantrums consist of laying on his back and scooting around the floor on his back until he runs into something. That usually makes him madder.

Lucy's temper tantrums haven't gotten that bad as of yet. I am sure that will change. She is a Wheeler girl after all. She does have attitude though. Again, I can't imagine where she gets that from.

The new favorite game for all of them is to run from mommy and daddy. They think that is hilarious. Little goobers. They also love to attack mommy and daddy when we get down on the floor with them. Something else they like to do is bring us a toy and put it our lap. I try to name the item that they have brought to me, while they are still paying attention before they wander off to retrieve another toy to pile on top of me.

They fight, they share, they "talk" to one another, they laugh at each other and they manage to get into some interesting predicements together. We have an end table between the wall and the couch. There is a wood piece that runs along the bottom and attaches to the very wide legs on each end. Their play tent usually sits in front of it. Sunday night, they moved the tent and Lucy and Markas managed to climb underneath the endtable. They successfully got stuck. It was too funny. I have a couple of pictures from it. I will post them when I get a chance and sometime soon.

1 comments:

MaryBeth said...

This is really a great age!! Sounds like you are going to have your hands full (sorry for that comment) if they ever all 3 have tantrums at the same time!

background