Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sorry

I haven't posted in so long. It has been crazy. I apologize that I didn't get the Easter pictures up either. I am lucky to have found a hotspot while at work to even post this. Pictures will be posted as soon as I can. I promise.

We moved last Friday. Things are still crazy. I feel like we won't be truly settled for at least a year. The babies had their individual issues adjusting but seem to be doing much better. Lucy cried the first day and wanted nothing to do with the house. She wanted to be held constantly. Joshua wanted to nothing to do with the playroom but was just fine exploring the rest of the house. Mr. Markas wouldn't go to be at night and slept with us the first 5 nights. He is now sleeping in his own bed.

Caitlin started school on Tues. It is a bad time of year to move but what can you do. The school is completely different from her old school. No gang members walking around. No 30 kids in a class. Also no German, which she was almost done with and no ROTC. The counselor helped us get her enrolled in a German correspondant class through BYU. The school was approved for ROTC but didn't have the funding for it this year but they will have it next year. She was really nervous about starting school but so far seems to love it. Luckily, she makes friends easily and made a couple of new friends the first day of school.

Steve and I are enjoying the new house and we are enjoying watching the kids have fun riding their ride-on toys and chasing bubbles on the back porch. OH! I got my new camera. I have been having fun playing with it and learning to use it. The pictures are so much better. The only thing I could live without is all the darn june bugs! There are thousands of them. We have to wear shoes or sandels in the house at all times for fear of stepping on the stray ones that managed to get in the door.

Rocky, the dog, seems to be adjusting fairly well. He spent the first 2 days refusing to use the bathroom and finally gave in and went. He has gone twice in the house. I am sure it is out of pure rebellion about the new surroundings.

Because I haven't spent enough time being all over the place in this post. Steve decided to give the babies a bath in my jacuzzi tub last night. He turned the jets on and everything. He was in his bathing suit in the tub with them. They loved it. Lucy laid back against one of the jets and oohed and aaahed. I wish I could have seen it. I know it had to be hilarious.

Ok, pictures. Soon. I promise.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Glad to hear that the move was a success and you guys are getting settled in. It'll be "home" in no time. Looking forward to more photos of the little cuties!

The Texas Trio said...

Oh, I feel your pain with the move! I agreed that it feels like it will take a year to get unpacked and settled in. Luckily for us, we have a huge basement ... so all non-essentials are down there now.

Can't wait to see new pics! Congrats on the house!

Quenta

The Dairy Wife said...

Denise,

Sounds like you guys have been so busy! Can't wait to see pics of the new house.

Congrats on the new camera! Bet you're loving it!

Call when you get caught up!

Tanya

adam brown said...

Hi again, see tthis is the site i told you i signed up to. It has some nice information about how to make money using OPP, i think you might find it interesting. here it is. bye!

background