Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday Matthew!! I can't believe you are 18. It seems like yesterday that I was trying to figure out this being a mom thing. Not that I have really figured it out yet. You poor kid, you were kind of like the test dummy. I made all the huge mistakes with you and your sister and now I have a chance to correct those mistakes.
We have had our problems, though, in comparison to some they really are minor and trivial. You have made some mistakes of your own but it appears that you are turning things around. You have so much potential. Don't waste it!
I have missed you being in the house with us this last year. I am glad that things are starting to improve so that we can be a whole family again. Your little brothers need someone to play catch with since dad can't.
Your name means "A gift from God" and I truly believe, despite our circumstances at the time, that is what you are. I hope you are able to figure out what God's plan is for you and how he plans to use you. I pray you quite resisting Him and listen.
I love you Matthew! You may be my oldest. You may be an adult now. But.........
You will always be my baby.

1 comments:

Annie said...

Awwww, how sweet!

Your comments remind me of the problems were currently going thru with my oldest-he's 15yo (adopted nephew)............You give me hope things get better! :)

Happy Birthday Matthew!

background