Tuesday, June 17, 2008

House Pics

Because I have been asked about a bazillion times for pics of the inside of my house, here they are. Please excuse the mess. The kids were still up and we don't bother with trying to clean or straighten until after they are in bed.
The house is 2519 sq. ft. We have 4 bedrooms and 3 baths. The third bath is outside and the only way to get to it is from the back porch. That may seem very strange to some. Our thinking on that was....we thought someday in the future we would have another pool. Now, it doesn't look like we will. However, we still have 3 very active little ones. There will be a day when they are potty trained and playing outside constantly. Hopefully, this will prevent the constant in and out of kids that need to go potty. Also we thought it would be great for those days/nights when people are over for BBQ and stuff. Easy access to the bathroom. It still might be a little weird though.


A view of my living room. When winter comes we are going to have to figure out some other way to arrange the furniture so that we can use the fireplace. There is also a partial view of our PARTIAL entertainment center. If you want to hear about that fiasco just let me know. I will be happy to share. Just note this. I highly discourage ever buying anything from Rooms To Go!!


Our bar, back door and my favorite windows in the house! The table and high chairs are in front of the window. Of course you can't see them because the bar is blocking it.


The formal dining room. AKA....the play room. Someday, I will reclaim it as my own!


A really bad picture of the kitchen. Taken from the front door, through the dining room.


One wall of the living room. The door you see in the hallway goes to the second bath. To the right of that and across the hall is Caitlin's bedroom. At the end of the hall is our spare bedroom and to the left at the end of the hall is the trio's bedroom.


My very messy kitchen. I promise, since the picture was taken it has been cleaned. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love my kitchen? Well, I absolutely love my kitchen!!!
Oh, and what I didn't get a picture of was our eating area or I guess, breakfast nook. It is to the left and behind where I was standing to take that picture.


My laundry room. You can't see it but there is a closet on the wall opposite the washer/dryer/counters/refrigerator.



My very messy bedroom. It is bigger than the picture makes it look. Also, it is a good thing that you can't see the boxes piled on the floor.


My stuffed full closet. I seriously need to sort and list on Craig's List or ebay. I think Craig's List sounds better though, no shipping supplies to buy.


Some of my bathroom. Just beyond the wall that the towels are hanging on is our walk-in shower. The trio love it so much that they only want to take showers now. We have the body jets and the lower ones are the perfect height. They have their own personal shower heads.


This is my favorite. Unfortunately, I have only had the pleasure of using twice, for me. The trio loves this as well. As long as we turn on the jets for them. Caitlin has had the pleasure of using it once as well and I think she stayed in it until the water turned cold.


The other side of my messy bedroom.

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

Looks lovely! And you are brave to post pictures of the inside of your house :) My house is always a disaster and of course it's even worse when I want to take pictures. But, mostly I'm just glad that my reality isn't so different from yours!!

And there's nothing weird about an external bathroom. My parents have one right off from the pool and it's convenient. Plus, you are totally right about keeping the kids from coming inside for the bathroom. I HATE that. I'd love to have a bathroom on my deck so they'd stay out there longer!!!

Misty said...

The house looks great! I agree with Dorinda, the outside bathroom make complete sense to me! My grandfather had a toilet put in the garage for many of the same reasons (it had its own little room in the garage).
I understand wanting to reclaim parts of your house. I feel I'm losing more of mine. The girls have discovered my bathtub too.
Misty

background