Saturday, June 21, 2008

Update on my niece

We found out today that Katie had had 2 strokes. Her intracranial pressure was above 100. The normal range is less than 10. Anything above 20 is high and anything above 60 is fatal. The doctors strongly suggested taking her off life support. We found out tonight that she has died. For those that have been praying for her, thank you so much. Her death was not what anyone wanted but obviously it was God's will. Unfortunately His will and ours are sometimes very different. I don't understand why someone so young has to lose their life. I never will and I have seen it so many times. My heart is breaking. For her kids. For her husband. For her sister. Mostly though, my heart is breaking for her parents. I can not imagine losing one of my own kids. She had so much life still ahead of her. Please continue to pray for her parents, her husband, her sister and her two little boys.

I will forever be grateful that her mother allowed her to spend a summer with us a few years ago. We had the honor of taking her to places that she had never been and places she hadn't seen since and now will never have the chance to. We took her to the beach. She had so much fun playing like a little kid in the ocean waves and playing in the sand. We got to take her to the Aquarium. We got to take her to Sea World and to the River Walk. We took her to the Alamo and the top of the Tower of America.

Please, continue to pray for her family.

4 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this about your niece and I will keep her family in my prayers - how sad!

Take care - Kellan

The Texas Trio said...

Denise,

So sad to hear about your niece. I can't imagine what her family must be going thru. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Quenta

Jennifer said...

Denise -
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your neice. It breaks my heart that she will not be able to raise her boys. I'm sure there are still a lot of questions on how this could have happened and why. I pray for some peace for the family.

Jennifer

Hurst Family said...

Denise - I had no idea this was happening in yoru family until I read today. I'm very sorry! I will add them to the prayer list. -Laura

background