Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Fun


Wow! What a busy and fun weekend we had. We went to my almost little sisters birthday party on Saturday. She is turning 2, today I think. She is my almost little sister because her adoption isn't yet final. We had 11 kids under the age of 6 there and it went great. My nephew has a little boy that will be 2 next month. He isn't really used to being around other kids but they all played very well together. It was a lot of fun. They played on the swing set, we ate hamburgers and hot dogs and then all the kids got wet. Even the big kids! I really think we could have done a huggies little swimmers comercial we had so many little ones in them.

Matthew bought Steve a BBQ pit for Father's Day. We have always had gas before but we left it behind when we moved. We got a charcoal one now. I am so glad that Matthew got it for him. Steve wanted hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner so that is what he got. He and the boys hung out outside and he cooked the burgers and dogs. I was up until midnight the night before making potato salad and stuff. The burgers were excelent! I think they are the best he has made in the last 10 years. I think he is going to want to use the bbq pit more often which fine by me.

I was so tired from the weekend events that I was in bed by 9pm last night! It was wonderful getting so much sleep. Daddy even got up with the trio this morning so I could have a few more minutes before I had to get ready for work.


Joshua and Aiden

My nephew John(Aiden's daddy) and Joshua

My Lucy girl

Markas showing off his new climbing skills

Happy boy Joshua

Markas once again showing off his new climbing skills

Big sister Caitlin and Joshua

Joshua wanting to go up the wrong side of the slide

Markas "talking" to the birthday girl Ariel

A bad picture but I love playing with shadows

A very dirty Markas

Joshua

Lucy figured out she too could climb the slide

Joshua playing in the Dora the Explorer sprinkler

Aren't I just the cutest thing?

Joshua still playing in the sprinkler

Some of the little ones at the party


My daddy!! Isn't he handsome? I think he had more fun than the little ones. :)

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

I think Ariel knows just what Markas was saying :)

Great pictures again. Years from now your kids will appreciate all the pictures you take :) I am trying to keep up with you though...

By the way what do you do with the kids while you work if I might ask. Just curious. I don't work now but I always think about it :)

Misty said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I am envious of the huge backyard!

MaryBeth said...

Wow, it seems like every time I see new pictures of your guys they are so much more grown up than the previous... you're not waiting a long time to post pictures, I guess they just really are growing up that fast! Lucy looks like such a little lady now, and I can't get over how much more alike the boys look!!

That looks like a crazy number of kiddos at the b-day party... tons of fun!

Kellan said...

Sounds like a great weekend and what fabulous pictures of so many cute kids!! I think the meat tasts so much better on a charcoal grill - we use both, but I prefer the charcoal.

Have a good evening, Denise - see you - Kellan

background