Monday, August 18, 2008

Bedtime

Hi! This is Markas. I thought I would give mommy a break tonight and do the writing for her. I am going to tell you about our bedtime routine.

We eat dinner between 5 and 530.

We take baths right after dinner, usually about 6.

After bath we get powder on our bums and lotion all over our bodies.

We brush our hair.

We brush our teeth.

We sit in mommy and daddy's laps and read books.

We cuddle.

We play.

We read some more.

Around 7 o'clock, mommy and daddy take us to our room. We get kisses and hugs. Mommy turns on the music and daddy turns on the fan.

We say bye as mommy and daddy close the door.




30 minutes later we are jumping up and down.

We are screaming and talking.

Mommy and daddy let us do all that right up until we start banging on the walls.

Then....


It happens.....


Daddy comes in the room and tells us to lay down and go to sleep.

Lucy flops down on her tummy as soon as daddy opens the door.(She's a big chicken, yet mommy calls me chicken little)

Joshua very quietly lays down.(Like dad didn't notice he was involved)

I, I usually just stick my feet through the rails and whine. It hasn't worked yet but I have hopes that it will. If I could remember that ant song that mommy sings to us I would sing it myself. Something about high hopes.

Daddy never has to come in more than once. We know he means business and we really don't want to make him mad. I think mommy hides around the corner and laughs at us. That's ok, just wait until she puts us to bed by herself one night and doesn't have the big guy to scare us. She's in trouble then.

I hope everyone had fun reading about our bedtime routine. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Candace Hickey said...

I am behing on my blog reading.,...all of the pictures are beautiful. Cuddling and kissing....playing...waiting for Daddy....it is nice to see what is happening in other families during these times. Thanks for sharing...Candace

Angie said...

That is too funny!!
Our trio were doing the same...jumping and laughing, talking 30 to 45 minutes after we put them to bed...ugh! We finally had to move bedtime from 6:30 to 7:15. That seemed to help a bit:)

It's comical and annoying at the same time.

Dorinda said...

Too funny Markas. So nice to have a guest blogger today :) Anytime you wish to come over and giggle and talk with my girls just let me know! They seem to have just as much fun at night too.

Annie said...

Hysterical!!!! And sooooo very true! :)

background