Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A brief update

Steve was able to find out that S was driving her car. She took a curve way too fast, rolled the car and she was ejected. D is in the ICU at one of the trauma centers in San Antonio. His little brother,C, is also in the hospital(last we heard). I believe the same hospital as D.
We will probably know more tomorrow. The phone has finally stopped ringing for the night. Being in such a small town and such a small school, it has been my experience that they are pretty good about getting the kids accurate information and keeping them updated. Pretty sad that we have only lived here 5 months and I already have been able to figure that out.
I got home from work and Caitlin was sound asleep. She stirred when I went in to give her a kiss. I am pretty sure she cried herself to sleep.

How absolutely tragic that these kids just don't get it. I guess we all have a little of the "it could never happen to me" syndrome. I know that this will cause them to be more careful and wear the seatbelts. It won't last though. It might for some but it won't for all of them. They will get careless again. Yet, she wonders why I don't want her to get her drivers license. Why I don't really like her going anywhere with her friends unless an adult is driving. I know, I am probably too over protective. I can't help it. I have seen too much. So much that until it hits this close to home it doesn't even really effect me anymore. I guess really that is my defense mechanism to keep from going completely insane.

Caitlin, all of her friends, S's family, C&D's family are really going to need prayers. So, please keep praying for them. You can say some for me as well. I know tomorrow it is going to be the "it's not fair!"-no, it isn't. "why"-I don't know why other than it was God's time. And, plenty of more questions. I know I will see my beautiful girl smile and laugh again, probably sooner than I realize, but in the mean time................








THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Dorinda said...

We will certainly be praying for you all and for Caitlin. I can't imagine how hard this is on her. I pray C&D are okay.

background