Thursday, September 18, 2008

Houston, we have a............


Climber!
Crib climber that is. This pretty little girl has decided to start climbing out of her crib. Funny thing is, when she is ready to go to bed, she climbs IN her crib as well. I don't think I want to waste the money on crib tents. It would take her all of a day to figure them out. I don't know if I am ready to move at least her to a toddler bed. Could I move just her to a toddler bed? The three of them share a room. Would the boys be jealous? Would she bother them if she was awake and they weren't? If she is up before they are and she can reach them, she will stick her hand through the slats and rub their heads.
The first time she climbed out was on Monday. I didn't get to bed until 4am thanks to the boys and work. I got back up at 6. Daddy came home and helped with breakfast and entertaining them until nap time. When we put them down for a nap, WE went down for a nap. A couple of hours later we awoke to this precious little voice saying "HI" as she opened our bedroom door. The next day she climbed into her crib at nap time. She didn't do it again. I thought "OK, this was just a fluke and she is going to behave." WRONG!!! At 530 this morning I woke up to her and Joshua crying. When I stumbled into the living room on my way to their room, I found her sitting in the middle of the living room floor, crying. She looked like she was lost. When she saw me she jumped up and ran to me and was a happy baby. She then got down, took my hand and led me to her room so I could get Joshua.
So, the point to my rambling is.........I have a crib climber. I seriously don't think that wasting my money on crib tents is worth it but I really don't know if I am ready to try toddler beds. What do you think?


See this cute little guy? He loves all creatures big and small. He loves to pick up the kitty and carry him around. He gets really excited when we are inside and he sees the kitty outside through the window. He loves the dog. His favorite thing is to slap at the dog and make him snap at him. He thinks that is hilarious. He loves to chase the lizards and various other bugs outside. This morning as I was leaving for work we did the usual. They walked me to the car. I got in, they closed the door and then daddy picked everyone up one by one to give me a kiss. They waved and yelled bye as I was backing out of the drive way. Then, Joshua stopped. He bent down and picked something up. Daddy yelled to me that he had picked up a worm or catepillar, or something. As I was yelling at daddy to make him put it down and wash and sanitize his hands, it happened. Daddy started to freak out. I was stopped at the end of the drive way. Apparently, Joshua pulled the stupid little critter apart!! YUCK!! Mommy can do blood, guts, puke, and poop. Mommy DOES NOT do bugs..........of any kind!! Daddy did get him to drop it, kick it into the yard and then rushed him inside to wash his hands. Hopefully, he sanitized his hands as well. Isn't that just gross? He is such a boy.

4 comments:

LAFthemommy said...

My wee one has been in a toddler bed since April. He loves it. Took him all of one week to start putting himself down for naps in it.

Won't sleep anywhere else anymore.

I don't know how any of this will apply to triplets but if she's ready for one you might want to talk to your hubby about it and give it some serious thought. Maybe seeing her in one will make the other two ready for it as well.

Annie said...

Toddler beds are the way to go!!! It's NOT perfect YET, but so much better than them climbing out, potentially getting hurt. I have removed EVERYTHING from the room, except FOUR toddler beds, a few blankies, and a few stuffed animals. That's it. And we made the dutch door, so I can see in the room, but the little rugrats can't get out! :) Good luck!

Pasifik said...

Oh my gosh... you have a cutie template......

And they are so beautiful!


Peace,

TODDLER BED

MaryBeth said...

I'm with you on the crib tents... all the girls are in toddler beds now. The transition hasn't been smooth, but they are getting the hang of it. Good luck!

background