Thursday, October 16, 2008

Little Sneaks

The trio are officially one month away from being 2. I can't believe it. I don't even know where the time has gone. They are full of surprises every day. The other day we were watching Baby Signing Times(Thanks Misty!!), the first video and Lucy was doing every single sign as they would say the word for the next sign. I couldn't believe it. She doesn't use them too much right now while trying to communicate but I think she will be before long. We have the second one and I really want to get more of them. She is signing please, thank you, more and eat on a regular basis. She also tries to say the words while we are watching the videos.
They have discovered Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The world stops while they are watching it, especially during the songs. They love to do the "Hotdog" dance with Mickey and friends.
The boys are starting to say a little more and everyone is starting to put a couple of words together. Instead of just saying "bye" now they are saying "bye-bye" and Joshua even said "bye daddy" the other day.
They are into everything. They love to climb. I always use "their" colors for cups and stuff. They now know which one is theirs and which one is their brothers/sisters. They are counting to two and will just repeat one, two over and over. I can ask Lucy where something red is and she will almost always point to it. They definitely understand a lot more than they can communicate.
I think I am going to take a day and make a note of the different words they are able to say just so I can figure out how many they are actually saying.
I miss my little babies but love where we are right now. I just wish I could spend more time with them instead of being at work. I will be glad to get the nice hefty pay raise we will get when they are potty trained.
I was at Walmart the other day and I saw some preemie clothes. I stood there holding those tiny little outfits and just about cried. I can't believe that a little more than 2 years ago preemie clothes were too big on my little babies.

They love to sneak into the pantry and steal food. I caught them sitting on the floor eating cereal. We have fixed that problem now. They can no longer get into the pantry, provided we remember to close the newly installed latch. Of course that will only work until they figure out how to sneak a chair over there and undo it. Here's to hoping that they don't figure it out anytime soon!




2 comments:

Dorinda said...

Oh the pantry! Seriously drives me crazy. Unfortunately I have no way to lock mine and they are constantly in the cereal.

Someday we will meet in person and put our trios together and there you have it real live sextuplets because they are so much alike! Helps that they were born on the same day :) I'm counting down to the day we lose our babies. What will we do full-blown toddlers?!

Annie said...

Awww, they certainly are growing up!!!!

background