Sunday, November 23, 2008

It Dahk

We are certainly having a language explosion. Lucy is saying a lot more and the boys are trying to follow suit. Occasionally they surprise me.
Friday night was a rough night for all of us. I got home from work around 10pm and Lucy was awake. She was sitting on the hearth and daddy had had a fire. It was almost out by the time I got home. Lucy promptly informed me that it was hot.
We went to bed. I took her with me because I knew she was going to have a hard time settling down and going to sleep. She tossed and turned and kicked daddy for about 2 hours. She would doze off every now and then for about 15 minutes and then back up. Somewhere around 1am the boys woke up. Daddy took Josh and went to the extra bedroom. Markas laid down with me for about 15 seconds. Then he got off the bed and stood next to the bed whining and crying. I asked him if we wanted me to help him up on the bed, he very sternly told me NO! Then he hit me. We had words and as I was getting up to go and put him in his bed he crawled underneath my bed. I had to turn on the light and then spent the next 15 minutes trying to get him out from underneath my bed. In the meantime, Lucy is sitting in bed, looking at a book, and occasionally looking over the side of the bed. I finally got Markas out and took him to his room. Our ruckus caused daddy to get up and see what was going on. He then took Markas and rocked him and Joshua went to bed with me. We learned a few a new animal sounds and then tried to go to sleep. I had just dozed off when out of the blue Joshua says, "it dahk". I explained to him that I was aware that it was dark and it was dark because it was night night time. Approximately every 3-5 minutes for the next hour and a half he would say, "it dahk".
At one point during all of this I threatened to run away. Really. I thought about it. At least for one night. Just so I can sleep. All. Night. Long.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

One day they'll be sleeping all night long and we'll wonder if they are okay.... I keep telling myself this, maybe it will work for you too! Hope you get some sleep soon!!

Dorinda said...

Oh no, I'm sorry! My girls have been sleeping through the night since they were 9 weeks and have ever since - no issues. Need any help??!!

background