Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy 17th Birthday



Happy 17th birthday to my baby girl Caitlin! Kayco, if the babies are calling you. I really don't know how we would do it some days without you. You are such a wonderful big sister. The other day while getting ready for church you and Lucy just hung out together. You let her hang out in your room while you got dressed and put your make up on. It was because of that reason that when I tried to brush her teeth, she wouldn't let me. She only wanted Kayco to do it. She was your little shadow that morning. You are such a big help to us and you take such good care of your little brothers and sister when you are watching them. As you know, for several months we have had no one to keep the babies for us when I am working. That means that dad doesn't get any sleep. He comes home from work, I leave for work, and he stays up to take care of them. He does get a short cat nap in while they are napping. Not too much of a big deal if he is off that night but that usually isn't the case. When you come home from school you are a huge help to him. When you send him to bed and take care of dinner and getting ready for bed by yourself, you have no idea what that means to us. I know you get frustrated. I know it isn't fair that we have to depend on you so much. I am praying that that will all change very soon.



You are such a bright young lady. I just wish you would try a little harder at school. We keep telling you that you can be what ever you want to be but I don't think you truly believe us. You have already had 2 of your poems published. I really believe, if you want to be a writer, you can and will be, you just have to work for it. Nothing worth having comes easily.



You are beautiful! Outward beauty only goes so far baby girl. It is your inner beauty that I see and I want the world to see. If it wasn't so, there are three 2 year olds that wouldn't love you as much as they do. They stand in the window and wait for their Kayco to get off the bus. Not only do they yell bus repeatedly, bye bus repeatedly but they yell for Kayco. When you ask them, "who am I", their response is always the same, it is simply "mine". You are their big sister that they love. No strings attached. Just because you are who you are and you do what you do.



I love you sweet girl. You are becoming one heck of a woman. I can't wait to see what the next few years bring. 17 has to be better than 16 was for you. Thank you for being there for all of us. Thank you for being the wonderful daughter and sister that you are.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree--Caitlin is an awesome young lady and God has great plans for her in the coming years. I have always seen the great potential Caitlin and know she can do anything if she puts her mind to it. Caitlin--we all believe in you and we're cheering you on girl. Trust your heavenly Father for all things! Phils 1:6 is a great bible verse I cling onto--it's awesome!

Happy belated birthday, Caitlin--miss you much!

Love ya,

Mr. Schofield

Anonymous said...

I agree--Caitlin is an awesome young lady and God has great plans for her in the coming years. I have always seen great potential in Caitlin and know she can do anything if she puts her mind to it. Caitlin--we all believe in you and we're cheering you on girl. Trust your heavenly Father for all things! Phils 1:6 is a great bible verse I cling onto--it's awesome!

Happy belated birthday, Caitlin--miss you much!

Love ya,

Mr. Schofield

background