Monday, December 1, 2008

So behind


I realized last night that I am way behind. I have pictures that I wanted to post from over a month ago. I have more pictures from their birthday that I haven't posted yet, I have pictures from Thanksgiving. I am so behind.

These are a couple of more pictures from their birthday. Joshua had no need to be shown what to do with a beater. He was the only one up while I was making the icing so he got a beater all to himself. The others are self explanitory of course. They had fun and really didn't get that messy. Believe it or not.

Lucy has been sick. Daddy took her to the doctor on Wednesday. They said she had such a horrible ear infection that they gave her 2 shots of Rocephin plus an oral antibiotic. By Friday she was still running fevers of 103-104 and not keeping much down. Of course the clinic was closed for a family day, being the day after Thanksgiving, so off to the ER we went. Luckily, a couple of friends of mine were working and got us pushed ahead. We only spent 3 hours in the ER. The determined that she has a nasty ear infection. We already knew that. They did a chest x-ray because she sounded like she had rhonchi. That was OK. She still had a fever of 102.8 2 hours after getting Tylenol. The Motrin brought it down though. They decided she probably has a UTI as well but didn't want to traumatize her by cathing her when the antibiotic will take care of it anyway. That was fine by me. So, they changed he antibiotic. 24 hours later she was much better. She only ran a fever once on Saturday and hasn't had one since.
Saturday, my mom kept the kids so we could go car shopping. The accident that Steve was in 2 weeks ago totaled the car. We spent all day looking at cars. We decided to get a minivan so that we have 2 vehicles that everyone will fit in and we don't have to constantly be swapping cars. We got a great deal on an 08 Dodge Grand Caravan. I love it!! If you are anywhere near my area and looking for a new vehicle, I highly recommend Bluebonnet in New Braunfels. They were awesome and took great care of us. Thanks mom for keeping the munchkins so we could go car shopping without them.
Yesterday, after church we had pictures done. We had the babies 2 year pics and a family pic done. Our photographer goes to our church and doesn't charge us a sitting fee. He does awesome work and has been photographing the babies since they came home from the hospital. He even has their pictures hanging in his studio. I know he got some great shots of the trio. I can't wait to see them.

As for our Thanksgiving, other than Lucy being sick, it was great. I managed to get the day off. My nephew was able to come down from Dallas to spend the weekend with us. My mom and my 6 year old nephew came over. We had our daughter Jessica and our son, Matthew with us. My good friends Dorothy and Eric and thier little boy, Hunter joined us for dinner. They recently lost their 14 year old son and I was so honored that they accepted our invite to Thanksgiving Dinner. They are wonderful people and I just love them to death. We had a great day and everyone pitched in with the cooking and cleaning. That was a great thing since Lucy was stuck to me like glue so it made cooking and cleaning difficult. My mom and 6 year old nephew spent the night with us. My mom and I would usually play cards on a night like that but with all the cleaning that still needed to be done and Lucy being sick it wasn't possible. I sure do miss our card games. There are so many things to be thankful for I couldn't possibly list them all so I won't even try.

5 comments:

Midwest Mommy said...

Those are the cutest cakes ever!

Candace Hickey said...

Hey Denise,
Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving! It helps when everyone pitches in....my sister-in-law sat on her bottom and did not lift a finger...ugh!
Any way, I love those little cakes you made for the trio...again, I am impressed!

Dorinda said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one behind!! I am constantly feeling that way...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and the kids look cute as always :)

MaryBeth said...

The cakes are adorable, and I can't get over how enthused Markas was to be helping out in the kitchen!! How cool!?!

When I get behind bloggin it seems like it makes it extra hard to post anything... not sure why that is, but I'm glad to see you are still trucking along! Hang in there.

Jennifer said...

what a good mommy, those cakes look adorable. i bet they love them. great pics of the kids.

background