Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to my soul mate. 9 years ago today we said "I do". The last 9 years have been the best years of my life. The ups and downs are worth it. You are my best friend and my best cheerleader. You want more for me than I want for myself. I guess that is the way it is because I want more for you than you want for yourself. You are always there for me and for the kids. You are wonderful daddy and wonderful husband. No one is as lucky as I am. You love the Lord and you love your family. Those are the only 2 things that really matter to you. I never dreamed 9 years ago that we would be on the roller coaster of a ride that we have been on the last almost 3 years.
When we got married, you thought you were done raising kids. Boy were you wrong. Just when we got the last 2 almost grown and gone we went and had 3 more. You were there every single moment, every step of the way.
The doctor scared you when the possibility of multiples was discussed. You said if we were having multiples we would have to discuss the options the doctor talked about. I never told you there would be no discussion. It would be what it was. I knew I didn't have to worry about your crazy thinking. I knew the minute you saw a heart beat or three or however many there were, you would change your mind. I was right. That first ultrasound, she started with the baby A thing, I knew that meant more than one. We saw and heard every single heart beat. We were both scared but we both knew the Lord would get us through it. It was your faith and your strength that gave me mine.

We had a huge scare at 10 weeks. You were just as scared as I was and just as distraught as I was. You stayed strong for me. You stayed strong for Caitlin who was just as scared as we were. It was that day that made me realize how badly I wanted every single baby that I was carrying.

When I was finally put on hospital bed rest, you were there every single day. Even though it meant driving clear across town and not getting the sleep you needed for work at night, you were there. Every time I called you to tell you I needed you because I was in labor, you were there. When things got rough and scary after they were born, you were there by my side.

Every time I would break down because I couldn't be with the babies, you took me to the hospital to be with them. You were in the trenches with me their first month home and ever since. Sometimes I think you have changed more dirty diapers than I have. Not once have you complained about it.
We don't spend the time together that we should and we have suffered for it but we have pulled through and will continue to do so. Your kids adore you, as they should. You adore them. All of them. We have been through hell and back in the last 9 years but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for being my husband. Thank you for being what a father should be. You are the best.

5 comments:

Misty said...

Denise,
Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife who obviously loves & truly appreciates him! And you are a very lucky lady to have a man who obviously feels the same about you!
Happy Anniversery!

Dorinda said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Sounds like you have a wonderful husband :)

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful tribute to your husband! You both are so blessed to have one another!

Kelli

Mommy said...

Wow! I'm so glad I read this post! You are so sweet! He too is lucky to have a woman who so adores him! Congrats on 9 years and heres to many more!!

The Farm House Kids said...

Denise,

You're both so blessed!

Tanya

background