Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Joys of 2 year olds

The triplets are 2. They have been 2 for a few months now. Now, they are acting 2! Especially Lucy. She has suddenly become a defiant little monster. Most of the time. She still has her sweet moments. However, most moments are not so sweet. We tell her to do something and she says "NO". Really. When she is mad because she hasn't gotten her way, she will run to her bedroom and slam the door. Suddenly, changing her diaper, getting her dressed, and getting her undressed is an all out battle. Seriously? I know, she is 2, she is supposed to be doing these things. She is testing her limits. The other morning they were having cereal for breakfast. I am still not sure what set her off but something did and she began to have a tantrum. I told her I wasn't going to listen to it, she needed to go to her room. She ran to her room when I started moving toward her. She came out when she stopped crying. I thought it was over. She got into her chair. She took 2 bites of her cereal. She threw the bowl across the table and onto the floor. I have to say, at that moment, I knew if I touched her I was going to beat her little butt. After I calmed down, I got her down and she went back to her room. When she came out I was just getting to cleaning up the mess. I had pulled some paper towels off the roll, she walked up and very sweetly took them from me. I asked her if she was going to clean up the mess she made. She said, "yeah" and proceeded to clean up her mess. Of course, I had to go back and really clean it up and mop up the milk but she tried.
One of us isn't going to survive to three. I just know it.

The boys have thier moments but they are nothing compared to hers.

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

... yep, except times 3 over here! Good times!!

Angie said...

Lucy sounds alot like our Maddie and Sammy... meal times can be so much fun. Ha Ha!
I hope it gets better.

Dorinda said...

Oh no! Sounds a lot like Alyssa - she is stubborn!! Strangely she and Lucy look a lot alike. Hmmm...

BoufMom9 said...

ahhh yes! I am right there with you! My twins have hit that EXACT same stage. I am "loving" it. LOL
PS My daughter is WAY worse than my son too.

Jennifer said...

i'm having trouble with all three. i have one boy who is the primary source of my grief. i need plenty of timeouts for myself.

background