Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Playground Battle Wounds(A First Real Injury)



Yesterday afternoon daddy and I were in the kitchen. The trio were playing in the toy room(right off the kitchen). We heard Markas start crying. Daddy went and got him. Of course, he wanted mommy. I took him and went to set him on the counter when daddy started freaking out. He was screaming "Oh my God! He's bleeding." Yep, he was. From his right eye. Well, it looked like it was from his eye. Thankfully mommy doesn't freak out like daddy. I got a wet paper towel and cleaned it off. Whatever he had fallen on had cut the corner of his eye. It didn't cut the lid and his eye is fine. It was laid open pretty good though. I took him to the clinic and they put steri strips on it to keep it closed. All is well but it sure scared daddy. Ok, mommy was a little nervous until she got it cleaned up and saw that his eye was just fine.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Blood near the eyes is always scary! Glad to see Markas handled it like a champ. I'm impressed y'all made it this far without a major injury- good job, Mom and Dad!

Dorinda said...

Oh no! What worries me more is how many more times that will happen in the future :) Hope it heals quickly and doesn't leave any scars...

background