Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Tale of Two Brothers.......again!!!

As is the night time ritual, everyone was awake at midnight. After an hour and half of trying to get them back to bed, I gave up. Everyone went to mommy's bed. Everyone finally started settling down. It was dark. We had already exhausted the dark and daddy is at work conversation. That conversation now includes Mickey Mouse and how he won't be on until we go night night and then get up with the sun. Joshua was on my left. Lucy was on my right. Markas was smack dab on top of me. I heard Joshua's breathing become that nice, peaceful, rhythmic pattern. I knew he was asleep. Finally, one down, two to go. At least they were being quite. Joshua started rolling around. And then. He started giggling! The child was giggling in his sleep. It took every ounce of self control not to laugh and disturb the other two. It only lasted a few seconds but it was the funniest thing in the world.

This morning I, still very groggy from my lack of sleep, turned on the TV so the trio could watch Mickey Mouse. I knew I didn't have much time before they would want breakfast. Apparently, I dozed back off to sleep. I heard a noise. It came from the kitchen. I flew out of bed and frantically was looking around. Not a child in site. I ran to the kitchen. There I found my three precious 2 year olds. Sitting in a circle. Lucy and Joshua eagerly awaiting what their brother was sharing. In his hand was a fork and an open pudding cup. One bite for him, one bite for Lucy, and one bite for Joshua. I don't know where he found it. OK, really I do. He found it in my stash of stuff that I take to work with me. He opened it, threw the top away and was sharing with his brother and sister. How can I get mad at him when it was my fault for falling back asleep and not getting them their breakfast in a timely manner? Besides, he didn't hog it all for himself. He was sharing after all.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That pudding story just melts my heart! What a sweet boy to share! Even though I know you're tired, it sounds kind of cozy to have everyone piled in bed with you!

BoufMom9 said...

OMGosh! What a smart little boy! And so sweet too to share with his brother & sister.
Very cute!

background