Monday, June 1, 2009

Lots of Updates

Man, I don't know how I let so much time slip past without really updating. There has been lots happening the last month or so. I guess the easiest way to do this is just go person by person. Sorry, it might end up being a long post.

I am pretty sure I mentioned Steve going to Michigan the beginning of May. He did and it was a good trip. He got to spend some much needed time with his dad. He got to see his brothers and one of his sisters. All in all it was a good trip for him. He has once again managed to get a nice Poison Ivy rash but it is almost gone. I am sure we will be dealing with it again sometime later this summer. He just can't seem to go without getting it at least twice in one summer.

Steve's baby brother, his dad, and nephew
Steve's baby brother, Steve, nephew
Steve's little sister


I am doing well. Finally getting my Pampered Chef business off the ground a bit. Hopefully things will continue to improve. I bought a treadmill last week from one of the firefighters that I work with. It is a gym quality treadmill and I got it for a steal. I have been using it faithfully for the last week along with using our Total Gym. I think I have gained weight though. :(
I have managed to cut a minute thirty off my mile in the last week. As of last night I did a mile in 17:16 and I started at 18:45. It is no longer taking me forever and a day to recover when I get off too. I have decided when I lose 60 pounds I am going to go and get a short and sassy hair cut. Now, lets just see if I actually follow through on that one.

Jessica had a great time in Italy and on her cruise. I think I have mentioned that before. She is doing great at work and loves her job more every day I think. She is looking great and has lost a ton of weight herself in the last 8 months or so.

Matthew and his girlfriend, excuse me, fiancee, are moving to Suprise, Arizona in a week. They have a very nice apartment. Matthew already has a job at a water park in Phoenix. They are excited about moving. They are both planning on taking classes starting this fall. I am very proud of Matthew! He dropped out of school over a year ago. The other day he received his GED in the mail. I would have rather had him actually graduate but at least he did this. It seems kind of rediculous, but I cried when he called me and told me had past the last test. He wants to major in fire science. I am hoping and praying that things work out well for these two kids. I am also really hoping and praying that at least one of them gets through college before I get a phone call about being a grandmother. We had a birthday/congrats/going away party for the two of them yesterday. It was a nice day with lots of good food. Matthew's birthday is the 29th of June and since he won't be here we just rolled everything into one party.









Caitlin chopped off all her hair. She looks cute with it cut the way it is. She has also started volunteering at our local fire dept. She will be doing summer school trying to catch up so that she can graduate on time. Hopefully she is able to pull it off but I am not holding my breath. She is certainly smart enough to do the work, she just has motivational issues. If someone can please tell me how to really get through to her I would appreciate it. We have done everything we know. She is starting to get it but I don't think she truly gets it. Oh, and the poor girl has been fighting a UTI for over a month. She got sick on a Sunday 4 weeks ago. I took her to the doctor the following Wed. We were told it was a stomach bug. The following Sunday we spent the night in the ER. They treated her for severe dehydration and told me she had a UTI. They put her on antibiotics. I took her back a week a half later for a follow up. They did a urine culture and told her if she was still feeling bad to come back in. I took her back this last Friday. They got the results of the culture back that day. She has an unusual UTI that the last antibiotic didn't work on, so, now she is on a second antibiotic with a follow up at the end of the week. Hopefully this antibiotic will do the trick.

Lucy is talking up a storm. We can almost have a conversation with her now. When you call her she yells back, "I come mommy". If she wants me she says "mommy come". She is too funny. Her dolls go everywhere with her. Last night as we were trying to wind down for bedtime, she crawled up into my lap and told me that her baby eat. She had been playing with her baby and a little plate and fork that she has from her tea set. I said "oh, did you feed your baby dinner?". She responded with "yes, baby eat". I told her she better go clean her up and get her ready for bed. She got down and wiped the baby's face and took her to her bedroom. She closed the door and came out a couple of minutes later without the baby. When we went in for bed I found the baby in her bed covered with a blanket. I asked her if she had put her baby to bed. She told me,"sshhh, baby seeping". She cracks me up! She can be a couch potato if you let her. She loves Pinky Dinky Doo, Toot and Puddle, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and Yo Gabba Gabba. She also loves to say "I hep". The other favorite phrase is, "no do it daddy, mommy hep".




Joshua saw the ENT last month. He put him on Flonase to see if that would shrink his adenoids. We go back the 2nd of July for a follow up. He is such a silly heart. He loves Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubbzy. He can be a real pest to his brother and sister. He loves to help and like his sister he loves to say, no do it daddy, mommy hep. Mommy has to "hep" with everything. Noone else can do anything for these kids without them throwing a major fit. It is starting to get a little old. He still loves animals and loves to play with them. He doesn't care if he knows them or not so we really have to watch him.






Markas is still my little man. He loves to cuddle with mama. He is the one that is really most insistant that mommy hep and no one else. He is talking quite a bit as well. Today he took his bear and put his shoes on his bear. Then he took the bear to daddy and made daddy help him wrap his bear up in a blanket. He loves to instigate things, especially with his brother. He is the first to hold hands and he is the one who no longer wants us to pray seperately with them. We use to give them their plates, say the prayer, let them start eating while we got our plates. Now, he wants us to hold hands with them like we do with each other and say the prayer. He is even been heard mumbling while daddy says the prayer and they all say amen when we are done. Way too cute!





All three of them saw the opthomologist last week. The appointment was just for Markas but when he found out that I would be back this week with Joshua he had his assistant sign them in as walk-ins and saw all three of them. Thank you a ton Dr. V!! I told him I was concerned about Lucy's left eye because it seemed to me that it turned inward. OK, not just me, a ton of people have seen it and commented on it. He took one look at her and said, "yep, it sure does". After dilating thier eyes and getting a nice thurough exam, he told me to just keep an eye on it. Right now it really isn't a big deal but if it starts happening more than 50% of the day then we need to do something about it. He did all his special tests and said that so far all of the nueropathways have developed properly so no biggie. The boys looked great he said. Then he said he would see us again in 9 months. Yippee!!

3 comments:

Candace Hickey said...

Wow...you all have been busy!

Glad to hear things are going well...keep up the treadmill! That is awesome! :)

My trio LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubzy too!

My girls are really talking...and fighting too...he he he.

You have a beautiful family.

Angie said...

I am glad all is well. You have certainly been busy. :)

Thank goodness for "Yo Gabba Gabba"!! and TV in general some days.
The pics are great.

Andrea said...

I'm sorry to hear that your first baby is moving so far away! I bet the little kids are going to miss him tons, as well as his mom!
Sorry to hear about Steve's poison ivy (my number one phobia!) but glad to hear your kids are doing well. You need to post a picture of Caitlin and her new haircut.

background