Monday, August 3, 2009

Joshua's Surgery


*Edited to add pictures from before surgery.*
Joshua had his adenoids removed today. The surgery went well other than they scraped one of his eustachian tubes and had a little extra bleeding. We spent about 5 hours at the hospital and then came home. He has slept a lot today and Tylenol seems to be doing the trick in controlling his pain. He was such a trooper. He did wake up one very upset little boy but nothing mommy couldn't handle. He cried for about 30 minutes and then fell asleep. When they moved him from recovery they told me I had to put him back on the bed. Yeah, right! He woke up, again was very unhappy and refused to even sit on the bed. They finally decided they could take us over in a wheelchair with me holding him. Duh!! Don't you do these surgeries on kids all the time? Is my child really the only one that has ever done this? I think not. Popsicles and ice cream are the foods for the day, although, he wants other stuff, like crackers! Stubborn kid. I can't imagine where he gets that from. I am so looking forward to better sleep on all our parts and hopefully easier breathing for him. The doctor said his adenoids were more that 90% blocking his airway. No wonder he snored no matter what position he was in. Poor kid.

1 comments:

Angie said...

Denise, I am so glad Joshua did well with his surgery. I hope he is feeling better everyday... and sleeping more restfully!

background