Friday, September 25, 2009

So Behind.......





That seems to be the story of my life these days. I haven't quite figured out why since I am home more. I do know one thing, keeping up with these kids 24/7 is soooo tiring! There have been lots of changes and lots more to come. We found out a week ago that Caitlin is pregnant. Matthew and Jessica's baby is due April 24, 2010 and Caitlin and Colton's baby is due somewhere around May 7, 2010. She has her first appt. next Monday so we will have a better date at that time. She and Colton are going to get married after the baby is born. He is going to go to college and work for his grandfather. I guess they will be living with his mother until they are able to get on their feet.

Joshua had an appt. at the school on Tuesday with the speech therapist. About half way through his testing she asked me if I wanted her to test Lucy too. I don't really know the results yet but she did tell me that Lucy had more mistakes than Josh. They will call me in October and let me know what the results say and then we will meet on Nov 4th to officially go over those. If they tell me in Oct. that they both qualify then I will ask them to test Markas too because Lucy talks waaaay better than either one of the boys, in my opinion.

The trio are changing and doing and saying so many things now. They keep me laughing, most of the time. They are adventurous and like to try and escape the fenced in part of the back yard. We have been playing outside a lot more lately since the temperatures have finally come down some. We had a "cold" front come in that kept us locked in for a couple of days because of the rain but I really wasn't complaining. I spent a couple of evenings after they went to bed on the back porch with a fire going in the fire place. I love having 2 fire places, one being outside. It isn't quite cold enough for a fire inside and just chilly enough to enjoy a fire outside. There were plenty of other things I could have been doing but chose not to. That right there is probably part of my problem. Like right now, I should be cleaning or something but instead I am sitting on the back porch with my computer while the trio are napping.

The other day while playing outside, Markas wasn't able to get in one of the swings. He called for help. Lucy went over, picked him up, and put him in the swing. It was too funny. Yesterday, the boys were screaming and acting silly. Lucy walked into the room, put her hands on her hips, and said, "boys, boys, boys! Shhh!"

We have only half heartedly started potty training. I really should because we could use the money we waste on diapers but I have decided that I too overwhelmed at the prospect of training three on my own so they are just going to have to potty train themselves. I would love to do one at a time but they just won't let me. What one does, they all have to do. Sometimes that is very frustrating.

I am amazed on a daily basis at the love and bond they have with each other. I feel so blessed to be able to watch it grow. They still fight like crazy sometimes but there are those increadibly special moments that I am sure only multiples have. It is so cool to be able to witness it and have that little window into something so private between them.

OK, I am sure there is plenty more to write about but I can't think of it at the moment so I will just start adding a few pictures and hopefully it won't take quite so long to update again.

0 comments:

background