Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chchchanges

So much has happened since my last post and while it has been a little while it hasn't been that long!

First, I promise to post new pictures sometime soon.

OK, I started my new job last week. It was tough for me because I had been with my previous company for 13 years. I literally grew up with my previous employer. I was just 21 when I started working there and an EMT-Basic. I grew up and moved up and finally got my EMT-Paramedic 11 years ago. Since making the move, I am glad that I did but it was a very tough choice. I spent all of last week living in a hotel in Austin going through orientation with my new employer. I got home around 6pm Friday night. I was so tired that I went to bed early(about 10pm). Good thing I did. At 230am my phone rang. It was mother calling to tell me that my 19 year old, Matthew, had been in a car accident and was in the hospital. I got up there as quickly as I could. On my way she called back and said that he several fractures in his right leg. I walked into the hospital as they were splinting his right leg. He had 2 fractures in the tibia and 3 in the fibula. All of them right around his ankle. He was admitted and they finally gave him a PCA pump to help with his pain. He was finally able to get it under control and rest a little. The first ortho surgeon that saw him told us it was to complex and he couldn't handle it so he was calling someone else. The surgeon he called is great at what he does and doesn't have much of a bedside manner. Oh well, as long as he fixed my kid right, that is all that really matters. He had surgery on the following Monday. It took 3 1/2 hours. He was able to come home the next day. I took him back to the ER this past Saturday because he lost sensation in his toes and couldn't move them. They took the splint off that he had on since surgery and put a new one on. I took him back to see the surgeon yesterday. He told us that Matthew can take the splint off a couple of times a day and start working flexing his foot and stretching the achille's tendon back out. He said he will go from the splint to a walking boot. No real cast! He goes back next week to have the staples removed. The surgeon said it was a devestating injury but Matthew has great bones. I guess that is a good thing.

Caitlin is doing well. She is having some issues with reflux as Devin gets bigger but that is all. Her doctor said he is going to make her a homebound student when she gets a little further along. She will still be able to walk the stage in June though.

The trio, are, well, 3. The drive me nuts and make me laugh all at the same time. They can be so sweet and the next second a total brat. We were with Matthew yesterday and Lucy went over and very gently lowered her head and kissed her big brothers big booboo. I came home last night and Markas was awake and in my room. He came running out. Gave me a hug and then ran to his room and yelled,"Ucy ake up! Mommy home! Ucy ake up! Mommy home!" Guess what? Lucy woke up. I spent the next hour trying to get her back to sleep and while I did that Mr. Markas decided to clean. My 3 year old was cleaning at midnight. I think he does the most cleaning in this house, especially as of late.

background