Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wow!

I have been a horrible blogger! I am going to make more of an effort to blog at least once a week. I love doing it but I have let life get in the way.

Josh saw the ENT again, after the hearing test. All was well and he thinks we have gotten a better handle on his allergies and shouldn't really have anymore issues.

Lucy had a sleep study done. She has obstructive sleep apnea. They said she "wakes" on average 11 times an hour. She is having her tonsils and adenoids removed on the 26th of this month. The ENT said that cures 90% of kids of their apnea. I don't know if he will want to do another sleep study a couple months after or not. We have her preop appt. on the 16th.

Markas is doing well. Still doing speech therapy. Josh is still doing ocupational therapy and daddy is doing physical therapy 2 x a week for a partially torn rotator cuff.

We have all started martial arts. The kids love it and so do I. Not sure how dad feels about it. We are doing Krav Maga, Karate, Kickboxing (Thai and American), and a little Jujitsu(sp?). I wish I had known how much fun it is sooner so I could have started sooner. The kids are pretty good and they can all hit pretty hard.

I think we finally have EVERYONE potty trained. It has been a long time coming and I can only imagine the way people have judged us for it but it certainly wasn't from a lack of trying. Josh has had it for a long time, Markas for a quite awhile. In fact, the day he decided he was potty trained he was completely trained. Night time and all. Lucy finally, over the last week or so, has gotten it. She still wears a pull up at night but we are good during the day now. Yay!!!!

I have been on a baking frenzy. Not sampling my own wares though, that would be bad for the waistline that I am trying desperatly to shrink. Jayden had his 1st birthday on Easter Sunday. We had a party for him the day before. I made him a monster cake. I will post pics soon. I have also made cake balls. I am trying to find my groove with them and what works so I can hopefully make some really cool ones for my graduate. Devin's 1st birthday party is in a little over a week. I am making him a monkey cake. I will be sure to post pics of that too.

Caitlin is finally graduating on the 3rd of June. We are sooo proud of her. We had doubts that it would happen since she fell so far behind after having Devin but she did it. I knew she could if she put effort into it. She was just lacking that effort there for a while.

I will try to get new pics up tonight. No promises though. It will be soon if not tonight.

2 comments:

Candace Hickey said...

It sounds like you all are doing well. :)
I agree...it is difficult to blog these days now that they Trio is older.
Good news about the potty training!

Dorinda said...

Wow! Lots of updates :) I can't believe your grandbabies are ONE!! That's just crazy.

I'll be praying that Lucy does well and this takes care of her sleep apnea.

background