Monday, June 6, 2011

My Girl Did It!!!!








This past Friday we got to watch Caitlin walk the stage. She is officially a high school graduate! I am soooo proud of her. I always knew she could it but had doubt that she would. She had so many obstacles in her way. Her biggest being herself. She has always been pretty lazy when it came to doing school work. She has an IQ of over 120 so the problem was pretty obvious. Then, she got pregnant and had Devin. I know what that is like. I dropped out of high school half way through my senior year because of babies. I was afraid she was going to follow in dear old mom's footsteps and just get her GED. Thank God she decided to prove the world wrong and finished. She may not have finished as well as she could have but that doesn't matter to me. Just the fact that she finished is the important part. She still has many rough and challenging years ahead of her but I know that she can do whatever she wants, as long as she is willing to work and sacrafice.

She spent this past weekend just hanging with the family. At her request we spent the day at the beach yesterday. It was a lot of fun and a nice break. I am so increadibly proud of my baby girl. She did it!!!!!

I am proud of all of my kids but she accomplished something that hasn't happened in years in our family. Almost 30 to be exact. My oldest nephew dropped out, my son dropped out and got his GED, and like I said, for a while things weren't looking promising for her either, but she did it!!!! Funny how our hopes and dreams for our kids change so much as they get older. I guess they don't change really, just take on a different form and alter just a bit.

2 comments:

Candace Hickey said...

Congrats! That is wonderful

Dorinda said...

Good for her! That's great :)

So glad about Lucy and the cakes look great. I totally get the whole blog thing - it does seem a lot harder now!!

background