Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday!!!!

My babies are 5 years old! I can't believe how time has flown by and how much has changed in our lives. The trio have gotten so big and it's hard to remember how very tiny they were. I know 4lbs doesn't seem that tiny compared to some preemies, but, compared to an average newborn it still is. There are times when walking through the store and I see preemie clothes I can't believe there was a time when that size was too big for my babies. Markas is right at 4ft, Josh is a couple inches taller, and Lucy is a little bit taller than Josh. They weigh from 45-75lbs. It's nuts. The pedi has been telling me since before they were a year old that Lucy was going to hit 6ft. I believe her now.

Lucy is very much a mother hen. She is bossy and always worried about her brothers. She is also trying to perfect her manipulation skills. She is beautiful little girl, though I may be biased. Sweet natured and somewhere has picked up this worry that when they start school the other kids are going to make fun of her because of her size. That breaks my heart. That she is even thinking about that. That she even recognizes that she is so much bigger than other kids her age. That the other kids may at some point do just that.
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: pizza
Favorite TV show: Power Rangers
Favorite Song: Beauty and the Beast
What she wants to be when she grows up: Doctor


Josh is my tempermental daddy's boy. He does love his mama but mostly when dad isn't around. He can be quite stubborn but as soon as he realizes he isn't getting his way he caves and is very compliant. He is the neatest of the three. If asked to clean something he happily does it. He loves to cuddle, mostly with daddy. He is constantly worried about his brother and sister. If one of them is hurt or sick extremely empathetic. They all are, his is just more pronounced. He is still very much an animal lover. He loves all things cute and furry, regardless of size.
Favorite color: Green
Favorite food: hamburgers and pizza
Favorite show: Power Rangers Samuri
Favorite song: Sponge Bob Theme
What he wants to be when he grows up: Power Ranger Samuri

Markas is my sweet, stubborn, bull headed, mama's boy. He and I have been known to have 45 min. stand-offs. Guess he doesn't realize yet that he comes by that stubborn streak honestly(and I've got a lot more practice). If this is any indication of the teen age years I may just run away from home. He is my cuddle bug. He will lay in bed with for an hour after I get home from work in the mornings just so we can cuddle. He is my tiny boy compared to his brother and sister. He is always there at their side if they are hurt or sick. He would rather stay home with mama than go anywhere without me. However, his brother is the most vocal about his displeasure of me leaving for work every evening.
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite show: Sponge Bob Square Pants
Favorite song Beauty and the Beast
What he wants to be when he grows up: Firefighter

We had a combined party with Aunt Katie. He birthday is the 5th, it was also the only weekend I was off and daddy was in town. So, I stayed up way late making cake pops, 3 differnt flavors. We had chocolate, strawberry, and red velvet. Making them wasn't so hard or time consuming, it was decorating them. We couldn't just have plain old cake pops ya know?
We've come a long way baby..........






0 comments:

background