Friday, June 1, 2012

Craptastic Day Onto Better Days

Today has been a real craptastic day. I worked last night from 430p - 330a. As I was walking out of the station my partner came in the door in tears(he's very young and been very sheltered his whole life) and told me that someone had broken into his car. I told him to call 911 and we needed to walk the parking lot to see if anyone else had been broken into. Why, of course there had been others. Mine and someone else's to go with it. Oh, and one of the other guys, his entire car was stolen.

I have been awake since yesterday morning around 630am. I was on the phone all day with credit card companies. The jerks charged over a grand on 3 different cards. I'm not responsible for the charges but still. The guy who's vehicle was stolen, his vehicle was recovered a little while ago. Nothing in it. They took stupid stuff. They took my coupon book!!! They took our owners manuals for our cars. Just stupid. I'm afraid to go back to work and leave my car. I'm so angry that they did this. Jerks.

Well, I started this post on Sunday. I ended up lying down for a few minutes(or so I thought) around 7pm. I woke up at 730am Monday morning. I didn't plan on doing anything at all, but, we ended up going over to my friends house and going to her community pool. Lucy started swimming. For real swimming. She still has lots of improvement to make but she is doing it, all on her own. I'm so proud of her. We had a good time and got totally off of our diet. We had pizza for dinner that night. My meal plan has been thrown out the window for the week. I just haven't done very well with it. Partly because we were trapped at home until my window was fixed which didn't happen until Wednesday. I babysat a 2 year old and a 9 month old on Wednesday and then I ended up working until 330am Thursday night/Friday morning.

I think I have a new plan though. At least, I'm gonna try. I am still using a lot of processed foods, which I really want to get rid of as much as possible. So, I am going to start working on cutting out processed foods at dinner and once I get the hang of that we will work on breakfast and then eventually lunch. I know it's possible, I just have to make myself do it. I've been told that it takes 21 days to develop a habit, so, I guess I will give myself 3 weeks. First, I need to get rid of the processed foods that are stockpiled in my pantry. I found a couple recipes for homemade cereal. I'm excited to give those a try. They sound pretty good and have got to be a lot cheaper than the boxed/bagged type. I'll keep you posted on how that works out.

We have another appointment with the doctor this coming Monday. I have to drive daddy to Austin on Sunday to catch a plane to Florida. He is teaching a class in St. Petersburg on Monday and he will be back late Monday night. Monday will be a very long day for the trio and I. Well, I'm sure it will be a long day for Daddy as well.

In case I haven't mentioned it............I LOVE the extra time I get with my babies. We might not be able to do much but things are so much nicer. Hubby told me I seem much more relaxed now. Josh doesn't throw the temper tantrums and get down right mean with me like he used to. Things are just so much better as far as I'm concerned. Money isn't everything, we may struggle, but I truly believe that God will provide because this is where He means for me to be. So, without further ado........a few pics from our swim day.

                                                                      Lucy swimming

                                                            Markas getting a little braver

                                                               My handsome man, Josh

                                            Markas being really brave with my friend, Stephanie

                                                                       Josh having fun

                                                                            Again, Josh

                                                                   My brave boy, Markas

                                                                           "cannon ball!!!!"
                                                                 "One, Two, Three.....Go"

                                                          My other handsome man, Markas

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I think you are on to something by tackling one meal at a time. However, I suggest you give breakfast a try as well. There are so many breakfast foods that you can make in big batches and then freeze... muffins, pancakes, waffles, egg burritos, homemade granola for cereal or topped with yogurt. I'm happy to share recipes that I've found that work well if you need some fresh ideas.

Dorinda said...

Great photos! Looks like they all had a wonderful time :) Praying for you and hoping you can figure out a new food routine.

background