Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Daddy's Surgery

Daddy had surgery today. We were lucky enough to have a friend let the trio spend the night last night and keep them today. We had to be up and out of the house by 515 this morning. Surgery went well, but, as is typical for daddy, the post-op stuff wasn't so smooth. He has always had a hard time coming out of anesthesia. Desaturations, vomiting, spikes in blood sugar(from the stress of surgery). He spent almost 3 hours in recovery before they finally brought him to his room. They did a nerve block a couple of hours before surgery so his leg is nice and numb. Big brother Matthew picked the trio up and brought them up to the hospital to see daddy once he was doing better. They were all excited to see him but Markas wouldn't hardly get close. I can't help but wonder if they remember grandma being in the hospital and all that happened with her and are connecting the dots. They never got to see grandma in the hospital because they were never allowed in the ICU but they did spend some time in the waiting room several times while we were going through all of that. However, they seem to be taking it very well but they can't wait for daddy to come home. I have to say, I completely agree. Daddy really didn't want us to leave but I'm wiped out and he needs to rest while he is having no pain. I wish there was a way I could be there for him all the time during his stay but it just isn't possible. We will go up again tomorrow afternoon and spend some time with him. He should be able to come home on Friday if all goes well. If he isn't rehabing well they will send him to a rehab facility so we are praying all goes well so that he can just come home and do PT outpatient.

This has really thrown a wrench in our healthier eating. I just didn't prepare as well as I should have. I guess I can cut my self some slack since I'm still trying to adjust and get myself organized.

1 comments:

Dorinda said...

I hope he is recovering well and quickly!

I promise I'm working on writing but it has been very slow going these past few weeks and I have a writer's conference next week. So, you know, there's some motivation for getting it done :)

background