Tuesday, May 14, 2013

once again....

I am behind. The trio are doing wonderful. Josh ended up in the emergency room twice a couple weeks ago. He missed another whole week of school. He missed a Thursday and Friday and that Saturday I had to take him to the emergency room. His tonsils were so swollen they were touching and he was drooling like crazy. He had strep. They gave him a shot of penicillin and they gave him decadron for the swelling. By Monday, he wasn't much better and we couldn't get in to the doctor, so, back we went. He was dehydrated by then and they were concerned he had developed an abscess. He got some fluids through an iv(he was a super star for that) and they did a ct scan. No abscess but he had developed a sinus infection. All is well now after more antibiotics.

We are still going to the wellness clinic. Josh is doing great. He is down where he should be, in the high end but still in the normal range. Lucy is improving but still has a way to go. Josh still has to be seen because of his lipid panel being all screwy but only every 6 months now.

After much discussion and prayer, we have decided to home school. I'm scared I will mess it up but I am super excited too. The trio are excited as well. I wasn't sure how they would take it. We have had some bullying issues and kids in their class just being down right mean. One girl laughed at Lucy when she was asked about her grandma and she told them that her grandma had died. I will not miss this kind of stuff. So, home school we will do and I am thinking that we will just home school year round. Take small breaks a few times a year. Just so they don't lose anything that they learn. We have already signed up with a field trip/play group and we have applied with another group that also offers co-op classes. I don't think we will be using co-op right now, or any time soon really, but, it will help to broaden our horizons as far as friends and experiences go. I have felt all year that it was a mistake to put them in public school and have felt all year the Lord was calling me to home school. So, while I'm scared, I feel a complete and total peace with our decision.





1 comments:

113Mom96 said...

Glad to hear the kids are doing better - I hope everyone is back to 100% soon!

Good for you homeschooling - that's exciting and scary but I know you'll do great :)

background