Monday, July 15, 2013

Changes.........again

Once again, I am behind, majorly. I don't even know what the last thing was I wrote about, or when. Life seems to get in the way. I still suck at managing my time. I still can't keep my house clean. I still don't sleep at night and struggle to stay awake during the day.

I took Lucy to the doctor today. She has had a cough for about 2 weeks and despite our best efforts with OTC meds, she just wasn't getting any better. So, this morning, when she told me her chest hurts when she coughs, I made her an appt. We spent the entire afternoon there. Goosey Lucy has double pneumonia and a double ear infection. She has never had any fevers or anything, except, that cough. She likes to be a little strange and not really show any signs like that though.

Oh, we are going to be grandparents again. Caitlin is pregnant again and due 2/15/13(or there abouts). We are hoping for a girl this time. Too much testosterone in this family!!!

We decided to return to our old church. We moved to closer church before the trio started school last year. I went to a curriculum sale at our old church a couple weeks ago. The entire time we were there Lucy kept asking me, "mommy can we come back to this church?" "mommy, can we come here again?" "mommy, I want to come back here." So, daddy and I talked about it. We liked our new church, but, I don't think any of us were truly happy. It is a small country church, there are no real activities for the kids, but, they do Children's Church on Sunday mornings(which was kind of nice because I could focus on the entire sermon instead of trying to quiet kids or whatever). Now that we are homeschooling, it doesn't matter that much if we go to AWANA's on Wed. evening and get home late(by the time we get home and in bed it is about 10), the kids no longer have to be up at 6am for school! We have gone to our old church now the last 2 Sundays and the kids are still right at home, like we never left, and we both feel like we are back home where we belong. So, while it is a bit of a drive, it is worth it. And, since we returned, Caitlin has been joining us, not just for service but for Sunday School as well. Her other half(Zach, good kid, we like him) even came to service this past Sunday. He couldn't stay for Sunday School because he had to get to work.

I'm so proud of the woman my "baby" girl is becoming. She has had some major downs in her life and she is turning all of those things into something good. I'm proud to be here mom, and, maybe, just maybe, I really did do something right in raising her.

0 comments:

background