Tuesday, August 6, 2013

OT

Markas had his OT eval yesterday. When she asked me what my concerns were, I told her nothing really. I didn't think he needed OT because I thought his fine motor skills were OK. He cuts things out like a champ. He has a little trouble with buttons/snaps/zippers but he is able to do them. When she was done with all of the tests, well, things weren't quite what I expected. He has a visual perceptual processing disorder and he does need some work on his fine motor skills. He can't move his wrist and hand when writing. He moves his entire arm. I never noticed that. So, he will be starting OT twice a week. He was supposed to have another speech eval but the speech pathologist had an emergency so that has been rescheduled for next week.

We are still waiting on the ENT appointment to find out about the hearing loss, if there is in fact any loss. At this point anything is possible with this kid.

I had planned on starting school this week but with daddy still on vacation........it just didn't happen! Daddy goes back next week so hopefully we can get into the swing of things and get used to our new schedule. For now, therapy is in the afternoons so we will have plenty of time in the mornings for school.

0 comments:

background