Saturday, November 16, 2013

7 Years And So Much To Be Thankful For

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years. My tiny( OK they really were huge for their age) little babies that insisted on entering this world 2 months early are 7. Where has the time gone? I can't believe how much has changed. Time truly does march on. We had a nice little celebration. Family and a few friends. The trio had a blast just playing with their friends. A few presents and they are happy kids.

Goosey Lucy is turning into quite the little lady. She is beautiful inside and out. She loves the colors pink and purple. She is girl through and through. Her favorite song at the moment is Overcomer by Mandisa. She will do just about anything to please people. Such a beautiful spirit she has. There was an incident at church a couple of weeks ago and it really shook her up. Our drummer went into cardiac arrest in the middle of the choir song. She cried and cried and told me she was going to try to be happy for him if he didn't make it because he would be with Jesus. He did make it and daddy took her to the hospital to visit with him. He had quadruple bypass the next day and is doing well. She has said for months that she wants to be a missionary when she grows up, now, she says she wants to be a missionary doctor. She has no favorite food, because, like her mama, she just loves food period!

Turkey Lurkey is still the sweet sweet boy he has always been. Not quite as serious as he once was. A gentle soul. His favorite colors are green and orange. He's too busy being a boy to notice music or much else for that matter. He will forever be a daddy's boy, of that I'm convinced. He is a good helper and tries to keep the peace. He was the first one I got to hold and he was 3 days old. I will never forget those 5 minutes.

Chicken Little is a rebellious little snot. He is a good boy but definitely tests the boundaries, on a daily basis it seems. His favorite colors are red and blue. Again, to busy being a boy to notice music or much else. Like I said, he likes to push his luck, with everything, but especially mommy's patience. He works hard in therapy and I guess he is making some progress. We are dealing with a few sensory issues too. He will always be my sweet baby boy. He is certainly a mama's boy and I'm not complaining one bit! I love my cuddle time and I get most of it with him.

It drives me crazy going to therapy twice a week, but, since we started I have made a new friend. My fellow therapy mom. Her son is awesome and as cute as can be. She is pretty awesome too. We have only ever hung out at therapy, until today. Today they came to the trio's bday party. It was so nice to have them here with us. I can't wait to spend more time, away from therapy, with them.

There are so many things to be thankful for, but, on this day, every year, I am thankful for my life. I didn't think about it much at the time 7 years ago, or even 6 years ago, but about 3-4 years ago, it hit me. It was like a brick wall jumped right into my path. It hit me, that less than an hour after having my beautiful babies, I was fighting for my life. Well, the doctors were doing most of the fighting. I was just kind of laying there thinking, "wow, I don't think I'm ever going to see my babies". So, I'm thankful for my life. I'm thankful that I have been able to be there for my babies and I pray that I will be here for ALL of my babies for a very long time.

And, finally, a couple of wedding pics and a couple of the birthday babies. Not great ones but, hey, it's something. :)









0 comments:

background